Monday, July 4, 2011

In honor of George

Well, there was not any sleeping last night in this house.  Brian says I look bad.  (If you know him, he would never say that unless it wasn't good.)
We visited Dr. Betty's house last night and cried, laughed and prayed.  I must say that this time I disagree with God's plan!  George is/was a man with the best intentions.  He lives an hour away from his home and stayed at the NEBSTA academy to meet the needs of the school and children.  He was the "go to" when the kids needed help.  Many of them are orphans and George was their earthly father.   He leaves 150 children wondering, "why?"
George never said no to this crazy plan to bring Grace here.  He was always able to work out the details of everything needed for the process of bringing Grace to the USA.  He comforted me so many times when I seemed nervous.  He would say, "it's alright."  If I was excited about progress I would laugh and say, "George I am falling on the floor!"and he would reply,  "Sue, get off the floor!"
Last night Betty remarked that when George said we were running out of time, we had no idea what that meant.  HE was running out of time.  
I spoke with Grace this morning.  It's hard to use the precious time I have on the phone when I just want to cry for her.  I asked how she is feeling and she said, "not good, not good."  I told her that Dr. Betty is sad and we are all praying for each of the children at the school.  She was grateful. 
As I type this,  they are waiting on transportation to travel to Arua which is about an hour north of Nebbi.  She said that they are going to visit with family and be received there as grieving hearts. 
I prayed on the phone for Grace.  She seemed very quiet. 
She became stronger when she asked what to do and she needs help to get to Kampala.  I assured her that talking to George on Friday, we came up with a plan and will continue to honor George with carrying out this plan of her going to Kampala.  (Not sure who can go with her but God will reveal that angel in His time.)  She seemed more comfortable when I told her of the plan.  George never had a chance to get back with her and let her know before he left on Saturday to visit his family. 
George is so missed.  Please pray for the kids that are traveling to be with George's family.  What a terribly sad sight this will be when they arrive. 
I told Grace that I would talk to her tomorrow. 

 Philippians 4:19
"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
(Thanks Jenny.)

No comments:

Post a Comment