Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Typhoid fever is a life-threatening illness caused by the bacterium Salmonella Typhi.

(Oyet is standing in front of Brian in the photo.)
Click on this post to read all of it.
This walk to bring Grace to the US for her education is exhausting!  I now see that the effects are draining on our family.  A large amount of stress looms in our house constantly.  Brian is not sleeping but 3 hours a night.  Physically that puts a huge stress on his system.  
I spoke with Grace this morning.  She says that Oyet James, her friend that met us in Kampala and has advocated for her with us, is in the hospital with Typhoid. 
The reason we have been looking for him is because we are trying to get those affidavits from Nebbi Town to the USA.  We do not trust the postal service to handle documents that can not be duplicated. 
I spoke with Oyet this morning and he has been at the college's hospital for four days.  (Forgive me if I heard wrong.)  He sounded very ill and not willing to talk about the process yet.  I told him that obviously this is not our concern.  His returning to good health is truly what matters.  I asked him if I could pass on his being ill and he asked that I did.  

What is so humbling is that he asked how my day is.  He is such a sweet man.  Never asking for anything!  Ugh.  I called for something...

We are on the hunt for help in getting these papers to us.  Albert as I write is scanning them to us so we will have electronic copies before we send them through the mail.  (Praying them through!!)
We are developing a plan to mail them regular mail to a friend in Muyenga, Uganda who might then send them on to us via FED EX.



I think I am going to write a book.  The stories in this one make no sense.  Why is this so difficult???
We have no interest in this other than bringing Grace to her education! REALLY!



Would you pray for Oyet?  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment