Friday, November 18, 2011

P-LEASE!

O.K. I know it's not about us here but this is such a crazy way of life. 
We have a child in Uganda that is literally waiting day by day to hear if she has another shot at her visa to study here & another complication slowed us again.  Her school closed down two weeks ago due to a food shortage and the children were sent away.  Now she sits in the capital of Uganda. 
I can say that Grace is not going to understand the details here but there is a hold up in her visa paperwork.  We are waiting to have all our documents in order before presenting them to the Consulate in Uganda.  There is one detail that is very critical and we are waiting for clarification on from an attorney.  I know she won't have any comprehension of our complicated process but I will call her tomorrow and let her know. 

Our window of opportunity is quickly closing.  We were hoping to bring her to the US over Christmas but as it stands now, we will miss that mark.  There is no "good" time to go and get her but if her visa did get approved, we would make that happen.  That being said, I (Sue) am entering into the busiest time of my nursing school career.  I dread the load of work ahead in school let alone the poor timeliness of a trip to Uganda.  Grace will not sit there if it is God's will to have her here.  We will just need a community of volunteers helping Brian and the kids acclimate her to life in Michigan.  (We pray for that problem!)
We are asking for your prayers.  God has a firm grasp of this situation.  I have been in a knot all week until I realized that it won't help.  My stomach burning does not make her get here any quicker nor does it light a fire under the complication. 

Today, many of you know that I went to Upton's office to talk about the urgency of the visa process.  I vented to a very compassionate friend that gave me sound advice to pass on to Grace.  She has lots of training and experience in visa's.  She also made the statement that she will make this a priority.  Those words have such a powerful peace to them.  I am grateful for her listening ear and also her commitment to help in anyway she can.  I know that many reading this are not politically pulled in any direction but Fred Upton's office has people who genuinely have the interest of the people they serve, in mind.  We made several calls to the "other side" of the aisle while we were in Uganda for help and then followed up after we arrived home and the only calls we have received thus far are fund-raising calls or flyers--seems we are now on the mailing list.  Seriously.   Enough of politics.

Please help us pray for this issue to just break loose and things to move again.  We have always said that if it's not moving forward then we will stop and evaluate her options.  God has been very clear to continue & we feel that we have moved forward at every prompting. 

Thanks.
P.S. Pray for Grace's safety as she waits.  I can not imagine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment