Friday, July 1, 2011

Good news first or bad news first?

O.K. I'll give the good news first.
Talked with George today and he was excited to be planning the final trip to Kampala
for Grace's visa interview.  We were putting together the details of the trip based on the
last trip & costs.  He said that he and Grace slept on the bus to see that they were on the first bus out of Nebbi to Kampala.  This kind of sharpens my view of  how important this is to Grace.  They don't want to miss the earliest bus so they are sleeping ON it. 
George said that he really appreciated seeing the kids on the video and the message for Grace.  I wish that I could bring George here too!  He is becoming my lifeline to peace of mind and with that, like a brother to me.  I can not wait to hug this man. 
O.K. now the bad news...
I was able to talk to Joe this morning.  This connection was with ONE small bar on my phone from "downtown" Croton, and he was walking downtown Kampala with lots of background noise.  He said that the passport should be in next week.  We paid for the expediting of this and were given today's date as a pick up date so not really sure what happened.  Of course, being in front of Joe I would have asked this and waited for an answer but with having him repeat the information over and over because I was in shock, the ability is lost.
The wind left my sails because we are losing time to gather all of our information before we make the purchase of $5K worth of tickets to go and get her.  This is our dilemma. 

"Lord, don’t hold back your tender mercies from me. Let your unfailing love and faithfulness always protect me."
Psalm 40:11

No comments:

Post a Comment