Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nebbi Standard Academy

This is George Upenji.
He is our angel.  
George is the headmaster at the school and has been there to help Brian and I with the paperwork necessary to get Grace approved to travel to the USA.  
He is a good man and hard worker.  
Two days ago, I called him and asked how he is doing.
He said,"Not good Sue, not good."  I asked what is wrong and I could tell that
he had a different tone in his voice. He said that he has malaria.  He said that for the 
last few days he has been feeling bad and not able to eat. He was just now drinking 
some tea. I asked if he has a net to sleep under. He said that he does and so does his family but he was working with the chickens and thinks that he was bitten by a mosquito then.  I told him that I will pray that he feels better and can eat soon.  He said that he is hoping to be well enough to travel to Kampala on Monday and meet the attorney and turn in the passport application for Grace.  This process is so delicate for so many reasons. I got off the phone and knew that if it is to  happen, God will provide. He is giving George just the strength that he needs to get his work done. We are so grateful for his commitment to the kids at the school and to people he has never met in Portage, MI.  
George, you are a faithful friend.
I am praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment